TC Electronic Flashback 2 X4 Delay & Looper Pedal
Awesome delays are part of our DNA here at TC Electronic. It’s something we take very seriously. So, when it comes to making flagship delay pedals, you know we’re swinging for the fences. With the power of 4 FLASHBACK 2’s and an expanded interface that offers 3 MASH switches, tap tempo, 6 slots for storing artist or custom TonePrints in 2 banks with 3 presets each, FLASHBACK 2 X4 is our most powerful delay machine ever.
FLASHBACK 2 X4 features a colorful palette of studio-grade delays, including the all-new and improved Analog and Tape delay algorithms, which set a new standard in realism. Our hauntingly, lush Crystal algorithm, developed around our proprietary polyphonic octave algorithm from our lauded SUB ‘N’ UP Octaver, creates an other-worldly shimmer that is as inspiring – as it is spine-tingling! Plus, we’ve added a brand-new dual delay algorithm with two individual engines for intertwining 2 echo lines at the same time – for epic Gilmour-esque soundscapes. FLASHBACK 2 X4 is even backwards compatible, which means you can still use the original FLASHBACK presets you know and love.
When your creative juices are really flowing, and you’ve got gallons of hot adrenaline rushing through your fingertips, you need the ability to adjust your settings quickly and dynamically. FLASHBACK 2 X4’s dedicated tap tempo switch lets you stomp out any time signature you want for airtight echoes that right on the beat. There’s even a convenient global tempo mode that lets you sync up all of your delay presets in about 2 seconds.
Once you get into the deep magic of delay tones, you won’t want to limit yourself. FLASHBACK 2 X4 lets you link a preset to each of the 3 MASH switches for fast and easy toggling between tonescapes. A nifty little mini-switch lets you toggle between preset banks 1 and 2 for a total of 6 sumptuous delay presets on speed dial. Holding down the Tap footswitch lets you switch banks mid-song for an instant change of echo.
Look we get it – TonePrints are addictive. When you can customize your effects in minutiae, going back to predetermined settings can be hard. That’s why we’ve expanded the X4 design to hold a whopping 6 TonePrint slots, giving you the freedom to fill up your preset bank account with your own range of fine-tuned, unique delay tones. And since there’s a modulation engine in FLASHBACK 2 X4, you can even make a dedicated chorus or flanger TonePrint if you like. Go ahead – make this pedal your own!
We’re crazy about the MASH footswitch and its sonic possibilities! As the flagship of our delay pedal range, it seems only fitting that we decked out FLASHBACK 2 X4 with no less than 3 MASH switches. Each footswitch holds a delay preset and the ability to control 3 parameters at once by varying your foot pressure on the switch.
Whether you like your delay for subtle slap backs, thickening that heroic spandex solo, or for a full-out fusillade of fiery echoes that pulsate to the beat – FLASHBACK 2 X4’s got what you need. You can even have them all programmed next to each other as presets. With 11 subdivisions including a custom setting you can dial on yourself, Flashback 2 X4 makes it easy and convenient to achieve any kind of delay effect you can imagine.
Download the free TonePrint app for Android and iPhone, choose the TonePrint you want to hear and beam it instantly from your phone through your guitar’s pickup into your TonePrint pedal. No cables needed!
- Legendary delay pedal with 3 pressure-sensitive footswitches, new algorithms and 6 presets
- 3 footswitches with MASH let you toggle between delay sounds instantly
- New pristine Crystal algorithm along with hyper-realistic Analog and Tape algorithms
- Preset bank switch lets you easily access up to 6 stored delay presets
- 10 quality delay types plus 6 TonePrint slots that let you store effects and artist TonePrints
- Dedicated tap tempo switch keeps your delay effects right on the beat
- MASH footswitches give you powerful effect-specific real-time parameter control
- Subdivision knob with 11 tempo settings for a wealth of rhythmic delay possibilities
- Craft delays and customize MASH functionality with free TonePrint App (PC, Mac*, iPhone*, Android* and iPad*)
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains integrity of analog dry signal path when delay is on
- Expression pedal and MIDI inputs control parameters and preset changes remotely and lock delays to external MIDI tempo
- 40 second looper with footswitches for Record, Play/Pause, Play Once and Undo/Redo for total creative freedom
- Designed and engineered in Denmark